Employer Services Menu
Assessor and Internal Quality Assurance Awards
- Subject Area: Teaching
- Attendance: Part-time
- Qualification: Level 3/4 Award
- Course Start: September (start dates flexible through the year subject to availability)
- Course Length: Up to 18 months from registration
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: See further information below
Courses run frequently subject to demand
There is the opportunity to progress into areas including teacher training and project management.
No entry requirements but a training needs analysis will be carried out with candidates.
The assessment and quality assurance qualifications form part of an integrated group of qualifications for training, assessment and quality assurance practitioners. They are for people working in or looking to enter roles in assessment and internal quality assurance.
They will provide people who carry out assessment and internal quality assurance roles in their organisation with the opportunity to develop and improve their practice as well as achieving a professional qualification for the role. They are available to anyone working in accredited learning and non-accredited learning (where people may assess performance but do not assess for a qualification).
- 301 Understanding the Principles and Practices of Assessment
- 302 Assess Occupational Competence in the Work Environment
- 303 Assess Vocational Skills, Knowledge and Understanding
Internal Quality Assurance Units:
- 401 Understanding the Principles and Practices of Internally Assuring the Quality of Assessment
- 402 Internally Assure the Quality of Assessment
- 403 Plan, Allocate and Monitor Work in Own Area of Responsibility
- 1 unit = £495
- 2 units = £812
- 3 units = £1,020
Internal Quality Assurance
- Standard IV (2 units) - £1,207
- Lead IV (3 units) - £1,685