School Leaver Menu
Bench Joinery Study Programme
- Subject Area: Carpentry & Joinery
- Attendance: Study Programme (School Leaver)
- Qualification: Level 3 Diploma
- Course Start: September
- Course Length: 1 year
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: N/A
Courses run frequently subject to demand
There is the opportunity to progress into higher education at the College.
You must have achieved the Level 2 Diploma in Carpentry & Joinery to commence the level 3 Diploma in Bench Joinery.
What's it all about?
Bench joiners are based in a workshop and produce timer products such as doors, window frames, stairs and cabinets. They use traditional woodworking tools as well as specialised power or hand tools for cutting, shaping, smoothing and finishing.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- A careful, methodical and accurate approach to your work
- The ability to follow drawings, plans and written or spoken instructions
- A creative eye
How much could I earn?
Qualified bench joiners earn between £18,000 and £25,000 a year. With experience, this can rise from £26,000 to over £30,000 a year.
No matter what level you are currently working at, you will be expected to further your skills in English and maths.