Higher Education Menu
BIFM Facilities Management Level 4, 5 and 6
- Subject Area: Facilities Management
- Attendance: Distance Learning
- Qualification: BIFM Level 4/Level 5/Level 6 Diploma
- Course Start: Various
- Course Length: 1 - 2 years per Level
- Cost: Level 4 - £3,160 Level 5 - £3,550 Level 6 - £3,850
Courses run frequently subject to demand
Level 4 Diploma > Level 5 Diploma > Level 6 Diploma or onto a range of further undergraduate studies in facilities management, building services and other related disciplines
For Level 4, a Level 3 qualification or experience of working at a supervisory or managerial level.
For Level 5, a Level 4 qualification or experience of working at a middle or senior managerial level.
For Level 6, a Level 5 qualification or experience of working at a senior, strategic or managerial level.
Each module begins with attendance at College for 1 week, which is recommended but not compulsory.
All course materials are available on the internet, allowing students to study without attending College.
The BIFM Level 4 course is suitable for existing facilities supervisors or managers who are looking for progression to middle management. It may also be of interest to those in associated disciplines with suitable qualifications who wish to move into the facilities management profession.
BIFM Level 5 is suitable for managers wishing to take on a more senior role by developing expertise in a strategic capacity.
BIFM Level 6 is suitable for those already working at a senior, strategic or managerial level.
Some of the units covered on the course include:
- Overview of facilities management
- Facilities management strategy
- People management
- Support services operations
- Health and safety
- Leadership and management
- Facilities management projects
- Property, fabric and building services maintenance