- Subject Area: Brickwork / bricklaying
- Attendance: Apprenticeship
- Qualification: Level 2 NVQ Diploma & Level 3 NVQ Diploma
- Course Start: September (start dates flexible through the year subject to availability)
- Course Length: Level 2 - 2 years Level 3 - 13 months
- Location: Hunslet Campus
- Cost: Your employer will pay the costs associated with an Apprenticeship.
Courses run frequently subject to demand
You could progress from a level 2 to a level 3 qualification. There is also the opportunity to progress into higher education at the College.
Alll applicants will be required to pass an assessment.
You must have achieved the Level 2 NVQ Diploma to commence the Level 3 NVQ Diploma.
You must be employed within the trade area to be able to undertake this Apprenticeship.
What's it all about?
This Bricklaying Apprenticeship is available to school leavers, those aged 16-18 and adults.
Bricklayers build and repair structures, walls, chimneys, walkways and foundations using various types of blocks and brick. Their work can range from a house extension to a major stadium project!
What skills and qualities do I need?
- A careful, methodical and accurate approach to your work
- The ability to work well in a team
- A head for heights
How much could I earn?
A bricklaying labourer can earn up to £15,000 a year. Qualified bricklayers, including instructors, can earn up to £30,000 a year.
What would I learn at College?
- How to use bricklaying tools and equipment
- How to set out basic building work
- How to build simple brick/block walls
- How to build solid walls
- How to build cavity walls
- How to build using modern construction methods e.g. timber frame cladding
No matter what level you are currently working at, you will be expected to further your skills in English and maths.
You should be aged 16 or over and ideally already be employed or have secured a work placement, however we may be able to help you with this.
To search and apply for apprenticeship vacancies visit the apprenticeship vacancy website.