School Leaver Menu
BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Construction and the Built Environment
- Subject Area: Construction and the Built Environment
- Attendance: Study Programme (School Leaver)
- Qualification: BTEC Level 2 Certificate
- Course Start: September (start dates flexible through the year subject to availability)
- Course Length: 1 year
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: Free (age 16 - 18)
Courses run frequently subject to demand
This course will enable you to progress your career into areas such as architecture, quantity surveying, civil engineering and building services engineering or into a craft pathway such as electrical, plumbing, joinery and bricklaying. Many of these jobs combine office based activities with on-site visits to projects and building sites. You may choose to progress to one of the following courses:
- Civil Engineering Level 3 BTEC Subsidiary/Extended Diploma
- Construction and the Built Environment Level 3 BTEC Subsidiary Diploma
- Building Services Engineering Level 3 BTEC Subsidiary/Extended Diploma
- Carpentry & Joinery
- Wall & Floor Tiling
All applicants will be required to have GCSE grades A* – F and attend an interview.
What's it all about?
The BTEC Level 2 Certificate in Construction and the Built Environment course aims to provide an understanding of the construction industry including construction technology, scientific and mathematical applications for construction, construction and design, construction processes and operations, construction drawing techniques and exploring carpentry and joinery principles and techniques.
What skills and qualities do I need?
An analytical, methodical and accurate approach to your work
Good communication skills
The ability to work well in a team
What would I learn at College?
The underpinning mathematics and science related to construction
The design of construction and how to communicate your design in drawings and specifications
Specialist skills related to construction to suit your chosen career path