Higher Education Menu
BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in Construction & the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering)
- Subject Area: Building Services
- Attendance: Part-time
- Qualification: BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma
- Course Start: September (start dates flexible through the year subject to availability)
- Course Length: 1 1/2 years
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: Year 1 - £530 x 5 modules = £2,650 (plus BTEC registration fee) Year 2 (1/2 year) £530 x 3 modules = £1,590
Courses run frequently subject to demand
The course is designed to provide a route to professional and higher qualifications such as a HND or degree in Building Services Engineering, FD Sc or BSc Hons in Building Services Engineering or BSc Hons in Fire Safety or a related discipline.
A BTEC Extended Diploma, Diploma, Subsidiary Diploma or A Levels. Those with alternative qualifications and appropriate experience may also be considered.
This course is designed to give a grounding in the engineering technician field of building services engineering. The typical student will be either wishing to enter, or hold a post in design, specification, purchase, installation or maintenance of building services equipment.
You will have the opportunity to apply critical reasoning and analysis techniques to solve engineering problems using industry standards and appropriate codes of practice.
Some of the units covered on the course include:
- Design principles and application
- Group project
- Health, safety and welfare
- Application of scientific principles to building services engineering
- Applied mathematics
- Management principles and application
- Air-conditioning for industrial and commercial buildings
- Low pressure hot water heating for non-domestic buildings