Higher Education Menu
BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in Construction & the Built Environment (Civil Engineering)
- Subject Area: Civil Engineering
- Attendance: Part-time
- Qualification: BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma
- Course Start: September
- Course Length: 1 1/2 years
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: Year 1 - £530 x 5 modules = £2,650 (plus BTEC registration fee) Year 2 (1/2 year) £530 x 3 modules = £1,590
Courses run frequently subject to demand
This course is designed to provide a route to a HND and associated undergraduate and postgraduate studies in civil or structural engineering, transportation and highways engineering.
A BTEC Extended Diploma, Subsidiary Diploma or one A Level. Those with alternative qualifications and appropriate experience may also be considered.
This course provides the relevant vocational knowledge and skills necessary to pursue a career in civil engineering.
You will have the opportunity to apply critical reasoning and analysis techniques to solve engineering problems, using industry standards and appropriate codes of practice; develop personal and business skills, enabling you to contribute to the demands of a professional environment.
Some of the units covered on the course include:
- Design principles and application
- Management principles and application
- Science and materials
- Health, safety and welfare
- Site surveying
- Civil engineering construction
- Structural analysis and design
- Engineering geology and soil mechanics
You will have the option to apply for the Institute of Civil Engineers, Engineering Technician Professional Review and the QUEST Technician Scholarship Scheme.