Higher Education Menu
BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment
- Subject Area: Construction and the Built Environment
- Attendance: Part-time
- Qualification: BTEC Level 4 HNC Diploma
- Course Start: September (start dates flexible through the year subject to availability)
- Course Length: 1 1/2 years
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: Year 1 - £530 x 5 modules = £2,650 (plus BTEC registration fee) Year 2 (1/2 year) - £530 x 3 modules = £1,590
Courses run frequently subject to demand
This course is designed to provide a route to technical, professional and management courses in architecture, quantity surveying and construction management at degree, HND and foundation degree level.
A BTEC Extended Diploma, Subsidiary Diploma or one A Level. Alternative qualifications and appropriate experience may also be considered.
This course provides a broad-based education enabling successful students to enter into careers in architecture, surveying, planning, maintenance and construction management.
You will have the opportunity to apply critical reasoning and analysis techniques to solve construction problems using industry standards and develop personal and business skills, enabling you to constribute to the demands of a professional environment.
- Design principles and application
- Site surveying procedures
- Construction and maintenance of buildings
- Environmental impact of construction
- Science and materials
- Health, safety and welfare
- Project management
- Management principles