Higher Education Menu
BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Construction & the Built Environment - Part-time
- Subject Area: Construction and the Built Environment
- Attendance: Part-time
- Qualification: BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma (top-up from HNC Diploma)
- Course Start: September (start dates flexible through the year subject to availability)
- Course Length: 1 1/2 years
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: Year 1 (1/2 year) - £530 x 3 modules= £1,590 (plus BTEC registration fee) Year 2 - £530 x 5 modules = £2,650
Courses run frequently subject to demand
This course provides students with the knowledge, skills and understanding to progress onto a range of further undergraduate studies in construction and related disciplines.
A BTEC Extended Diploma, Subsidiary Diploma or one A Level.
Alternative qualifications and appropriate experience may also be considered.
This course provides students with a wide range of construction subjects at a more complex level of education, enabling successful students to enter into careers in architecture, surveying, planning, maintenance and construction management. Sixteen modules are required to complete the HND.
Some of the units covered on the course include:
- Design principles and procedures
- Site surveying procedures
- Technology of complex buildings
- Enviromental impact or construction
- Science and materials
- Health, safety and welfare
- Project management
- Management principles
- Economics for construction
- Building constrol procedures and legislation
UCAS Course Code: K220