Higher Education Menu
BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Construction & the Built Environment (Building Services Engineering) - Full-time
- Subject Area: Building Services
- Attendance: Full-time
- Qualification: BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma
- Course Start: September (start dates flexible through the year subject to availability)
- Course Length: 2 years
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: Year 1 - £530 x 8 modules = £4,240 Year 2 - £530 x 8 modules = £4,240 (includes BTEC registration fee)
- Course Code: MBHDS
Courses run frequently subject to demand
This Diploma provides students with the knowledge, skills and understanding to progress onto a range of further undergraduate studies in construction and related disciplines.
You will need a BTEC Subsidiary Diploma, Extended Diploma or one A Level with a minimum UCAS Tariff of 32 points.
Alternative qualifications and appropriate experience may also be considered.
This course provides the relevant vocational knowledge and skills necessary to pursue a career in building services, such as design, consultancy and facilities management.
You will have the opportunity to apply critical reasoning and analysis techniques to solve engineering problems, using industry standards and appropriate codes of practice; develop personal and business skills, enabling you to contribute to the demands of a professional environment.
Some of the units covered on the course include:
- Applied mathematics for complex engineering problems
- Building management systems
- Project management
- Research project
- Thermofluids and acoustics
- Energy efficiency and utilisation
UCAS Course Code: K200