Higher Education Menu
BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Construction & the Built Environment (Civil Engineering ) - Full-time
- Subject Area: Civil Engineering
- Attendance: Full-time
- Qualification: Level 5 BTEC Higher National Diploma
- Course Start: September (start dates flexible through the year subject to availability)
- Course Length: 2 years
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: Year 1 - £530 x 8 modules = £4,240 Year 2 - £530 x 8 modules = £4,240 (includes BTEC registration fee)
- Course Code: MBHDCF
Courses run frequently subject to demand
This Diploma provides students with the knowledge, skills and understanding to progress onto a range of further undergraduate studies in civil or structural engineering and other associated engineering disciplines.
You will need a BTEC Subsidiary Diploma, Extended Diploma or one A Level with a minimum UCAS Tariff of 32 points.
Alternative qualifications and appropriate experience may also be considered.
This course provides the relevant vocational knowledge and skills necessary to pursue a career in civil engineering. You will have the opportunity to apply critical reasoning and analysis techniques to solve engineering problems, using industry standards and appropriate codes of practice; develop personal and business skills, enabling you to contribute to the demands of a professional environment.
Some of the units covered on the course include:
- Design principles and application
- Management principles and application
- Analytical methods
- Science and materials
- Health, safety and welfare
- Applied mathematics
- Site surveying procedures
- Engineering geology and soil mechanics
- Civil engineering technology
- Structural analysis and design
- Law and contract
- Project management
UCAS Course Code: H200
You will have the option to apply for the Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE), Engineering Technician Professional Review and the QUEST Technician Scholarship Scheme.