Higher Education Menu
BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Construction & the Built Environment (Civil Engineering) - Part-time
- Subject Area: Civil Engineering
- Attendance: Part-time
- Qualification: BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma (top-up from HNC Diploma)
- Course Start: September
- Course Length: 1 1/2 years
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: Year 1 (1/2 year) - £530 x 3 modules = £1,590 (plus BTEC registration fee) Year 2 - £530 x 5 modules = £2,650
Courses run frequently subject to demand
This Diploma provides students with the knowledge, skills and understanding to progress onto a range of further undergraduate studies in civil or structural engineering and transportation and highways engineering.
You will need a Level 4 HNC Diploma.
Alternative qualifications and appropriate experience may also be considered.
This course provides the relevant vocational knowledge and skills necessary to pursue a career in civil engineering. You will have the opportunity to apply critical reasoning and analysis techniques to solve engineering problems using industry standards and appropriate codes of practice and develop personal and business skills, enabling you to contribute to the demands of a professional environment. Sixteen modules are required to complete the HND.
Some of the units covered on the course include:
- Design principles and application
- Management principles and application
- Analytical methods
- Science and materials
- Health, safety and welfare
- Applied mathematics
- Site surveying procedures
- Engineering geology and soil mechanics
- Civil engineering technology
- Law and contract
- Project management
UCAS Course Code: H200
You will have the option to apply for the Institution of Civil Engineers, Engineering Technician Professional Review and the QUEST Technician Scholarship Scheme.