Higher Education Menu
BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment - Full-time
- Subject Area: Construction and the Built Environment
- Attendance: Full-time
- Qualification: BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma
- Course Start: September
- Course Length: 2 years
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: Year 1 - £530 x 8 modules = £4,240 Year 2 - £530 x 8 modules = £4,240 (includes BTEC registration fee)
- Course Code: MBHDBF
Courses run frequently subject to demand
This course provides students with the knowledge, skills and understanding to progress onto a range of further undergraduate studies in construction and related disciplines.
You will need a BTEC Subsidiary Diploma, Extended Diploma or one A Level with a minimum UCAS Tariff of 32 points.
Alternative qualifications and appropriate experience may also be considered.
This course provides students with a wide range of construction subjects at a more complex level of education, enabling successful students to enter into careers in architecture, surveying, planning, maintenance and construction management. Sixteen modules are required to complee the HND.
Some of the units covered on the course include:
- Design principles and applications
- Site surveying procedures
- Technology of complex buildings
- Environmental impact or construction
- Science and materials
- Health, safety and welfare
- Project management
- Management principles
- Economics for construction
- Building control procedures and legislation
UCAS Course Code: K220