Building Services Engineering Advanced Apprenticeship
- Subject Area: Building Services
- Attendance: Apprenticeship
- Qualification: Level 3 NVQ Diploma, Level 3 BTEC Diploma or Level 3 Diploma
- Course Start: September (start dates flexible through the year subject to availability)
- Course Length: 2-4 years depending on experience
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: Your employer will pay the costs associated with an Apprenticeship.
Courses run frequently subject to demand
You could progress onto higher education at the College including a HNC/HND Diploma, higher apprenticeship or a degree at university.
All applicants will be required to pass an assessment.
You will need 4 GCSEs at grades A*-C including English, mathematics and science.
You must be employed within the trade area to be able to undertake this Apprenticeship course.
What's it all about?
This Building Services Advanced Apprenticeship is available to school leavers, those aged 16-18 and adults.
Building services engineers are responsible for the design, installation and maintenance of systems in new and existing buildings, such as heating, lighting, water supplies, plumbing, control systems and fire, security and alarm systems.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- A careful, methodical and accurate approach to your work
- An understanding of mathematics and science
- The ability to work well in a team
How much could I earn?
Starting salaries are between £20,000 and £24,000 a year. Experienced engineers can earn between £25,000 and £35,000. Senior engineers can earn up to £45,000 a year.
What would I learn at College?
- The underpinning mathematics and science related to construction and building services
- How to design systems such as plumbing, heating and air conditioning
- How to design control systems to ensure the efficient and environmentally sustainable provision of services
No matter what level you are currently working at, you will be expected to further your skills in English and maths.
You should be aged 16 or over and ideally already be employed or have secured a work placement, however we may be able to help you with this.
To search and apply for apprenticeship vacancies visit the apprenticeship vacancy website.