Building Services Engineering Level 3 BTEC Diploma
- Subject Area: Building Services
- Attendance: Part-time
- Qualification: Level 3 BTEC Diploma
- Course Start: September (start dates flexible through the year subject to availability)
- Course Length: 1 year (Level 3 Subsidiary completed) or 2 years
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: 1 year - £1,277 2 years - £2,720
Courses run frequently subject to demand
Level 3 BTEC Diploma > Level 4 BTEC Higher National Certificate
Level 4 BTEC Higher National Certificate > Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND), Higher Apprenticeship or Degree
You will need either a Level 2 BTEC Diploma (including mathematics at Merit or above) or a Level 3 NVQ Diploma in a construction related area and/or 4 GCSEs grades A*-C (grade 9-4) in English, mathematics and science.
Mature candidates with other experience or qualifications may also be considered.
What's it all about?
Building services engineers are responsible for the design, installation and maintenance of systems in new and existing buildings, such as heating and lighting, water supplies, plumbing, control systems and fire, security and alarm systems.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- An analytical, methodical and accurate approach to your work
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to work well in a team
What would I learn at College?
- The underpinning maths and science related to construction and building services
- How to design systems such as plumbing, heating and air conditioning
- How to design control systems to ensure the efficient and environmentally sustainable provision of services
You will study this course for 2 years. In the first year you will complete the Level 3 BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in Construction and the Built Environment. In the second year you will complete the Level 3 BTEC Diploma and specialise in building services engineering.
This course is equivalent to 2 GCE A Levels.
To apply for this course please call 0113 222 6061 or email HECM@lcb.ac.uk.
Advanced Learner Loans – Help take the financial worry away from studying with an Advanced Learner Loan. For the full eligibility criteria and all the latest information go to www.direct.gov.uk/advancedlearningloans.