Building Services Engineering Level 3 BTEC Subsidiary Diploma Part-time
- Subject Area: Building Services
- Attendance: Part-time
- Qualification: Level 3 BTEC Subsidiary Diploma
- Course Start: September (start dates flexible through the year subject to availability)
- Course Length: 1 year
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: £1,443
Courses run frequently subject to demand
Level 3 BTEC Subsidiary Diploma > Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma
Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma > Level 4 BTEC Higher National Certificate
Level 4 BTEC Higher National Certificate > Level 5 Higher National Diploma, (HND), Higher Apprenticeship or Degree
You will need a Level 3 NVQ Diploma in a construction related area and/or 4 GCSEs grades A*-C (grade 9-4) in English, mathematics and science.
Mature candidates with other experience or qualifications may also be considered
What's it all about?
The BTEC Subsidiary Diploma course aims to provide an understanding of the contruction industry including health and safety, mathematics, science and materials, estimating and surveying. This course will enable you to progress your career into areas such as architecture, quantity surveying, civil engineering and building services engineering. Many of these jobs combine office based activities with on-site visits to projects and building sites.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- An analytical, methodical and accurate approach to your work
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work well in a team
What would I learn at College?
- The underpinning mathematics and science related to construction
- The design of construction and how to communicate your design in drawings and specifications
- Specialist skills related to Construction, Civil Engineering or Building Services Engineering to suit your chosen career path
This course is equivalent to 1 GCE A Level.
Students who require the specialist level 3 units will progress to the BTEC National Diploma. However, students with appropriate qualifications and experience may be able to progress straight on to the Higher National Certificate.
To apply for this course please call 0113 222 6061 or email HECM@lcb.ac.uk.
Advanced Learner Loans – Help take the financial worry away from studying with an Advanced Learner Loan. For the full eligibility criteria and all the latest information go to www.direct.gov.uk/advancedlearningloans.