School Leaver Menu
Building Services Engineering Study Programme
- Subject Area: Building Services
- Attendance: Study Programme (School Leaver)
- Qualification: Level 3 BTEC Subsidiary Diploma & Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma
- Course Start: September
- Course Length: 2 years
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: N/A
Courses run frequently subject to demand
You could progress into higher education at the College including a HNC/HND, higher apprenticeship or a degree at university.
All applicants will attend an information day. You will then be invited to attend an interview.
You will need 4 GCSEs at grade A*-C (9-4) including English, maths and science and/or a Level 2 BTEC Diploma (including maths at Merit or above).
If you do not meet the entry requirements you could achieve a Level 2 BTEC Certificate.
What's it all about?
Building services engineers are responsible for the design, specification and management of systems in new and existing buildings creating a safe and comfortable environment. This includes heating, lighting, water supplies, plumbing, control systems and fire, security and alarm systems.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- A careful, methodical and accurate approach to your work
- An understanding of maths and science
- The ability to work well in a team
How much could I earn?
Starting salaries are between £20,000 and £24,000 a year. Experienced engineers can earn between £25,000 and £35,000. Senior engineers can earn up to £45,000 a year.
No matter what level you are currently working at, you will be expected to further your skills in English and maths.