Employer Services Menu
CIOB Site Management Certificate/Diploma
- Subject Area: CIOB
- Attendance: Part-time
- Qualification: Level 4 CIOB Certificate/Diploma
- Course Start: Certificate - September Diploma - March/April
- Course Length: Certificate - 20 weeks Diploma - 40 weeks
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: Certificate - £990 (4 units) Diploma - £1,915 (8 units)
Courses run frequently subject to demand
Depending on experience, you may be eligible to progress onto the CIOB Chartered Membership Programme or a Level 6 NVQ in Construction Site Management.
You will need either a Level 3 S/NVQ in a related subject, Level 3 Diploma in Site Supervisory Studies and/or 2 years construction experience with areas of general responsibility.
The Site Management Certificate and Diploma develop the knowledge and practical skills to enable candidates to deliver construction projects safely and efficiently. The programme provides an important route into a management role for trade operatives, apprentices and experienced supervisors and managers. The course provides the underpinning knowledge for the NVQ in Construction Site Management. Gaining a CIOB qualification provides evidence to employers and clients that an internationally recognised level of studies has been achieved.
Some of the units covered on the course include:
- Project planning
- Project control and monitoring
- Managing the quality of site work
- Health, safety, welfare and risk control at work
- Managing dimensional control on sites
- Developing and mananging people
- Improving managerial skills
- Contractual and legal responsibilities
- Estimating and measuring work
- Managing sub-contractors
Advanced Learner Loans – Help take the financial worry away from studying with an Advanced Learner Loan. For the full eligibility criteria and all the latest information go to www.direct.gov.uk/advancedlearningloans.