Construction Contracting Operations Apprenticeship
- Subject Area: Construction Management
- Attendance: Apprenticeship
- Qualification: Level 3 NVQ Diploma & Level 3 BTEC Diploma
- Course Start: September (start dates flexible through the year subject to availability)
- Course Length: 2-3 years depending on experience
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: Your employer will pay the costs associated with an Apprenticeship.
Courses run frequently subject to demand
You could progress onto higher education at the College including a HNC/HND Diploma, higher apprenticeship or a degree at university.
All applicants will complete an assessment.
You will need 3 GCSEs at grades A*-C (grade 9-4) including English, mathematics and science.
You must be employed within the trade area to be able to undertake this Apprenticeship course.
What's it all about?
The construction contracting apprenticeship covers all areas of technical support in building and civil engineering projects, including quantity surveying, estimating, buying, planning and setting out.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- Good organisation skills
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work well in a team
What would I learn at College?
- The underpinning mathematics and science related to construction and civil engineering
- How to calculate the cost of construction works and monitor the progress against the budget
- Surveying and setting out
You should be aged 16 or over and ideally already be employed or have secured a work placement, however we may be able to help you with this.
To search and apply for apprenticeship vacancies visit the apprenticeship vacancy website.