Construction Level 1
- Subject Area: Construction and the Built Environment
- Attendance: Part-time
- Qualification: Level 1 BTEC Award/Certificate/Diploma
- Course Start: September
- Course Length: 1 year
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: N/A
Courses run frequently subject to demand
Successful students maybe able to progress onto a full time construction course.
You must be in year 10 at school.
All applicants will have an initial interview and complete assessment and testing.
14-16 Skills Academy
The course can cover the following units:
- Starting work in construction
- Developing plumbing skills
- Developing electrical installation skills
- Developing building maintenance skills
- Health and safety and welfare in construction
- Working as a team to move and handle resources
- Developing construction drawing skills
- Developing bricklaying skills
- Developing carpentry and joinery skills
- Developing construction painting skills
- Developing construction decorating skills
- Producing a timber product
- Developing home improvement skills
- Producing a product
- Preparing for an interview
- Interview skills
To apply for this course please speak to your school teacher or school careers advisor to see if your school has partnership links with the College.