Education & Training (Teaching ) Level 3 Award
- Subject Area: Teaching
- Attendance: Part-time
- Qualification: Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award
- Course Start: September
- Course Length: 16 weeks
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: £510
Courses run frequently subject to demand
Pearson BTEC Level 3 Award > Pearson BTEC Level 4 Certificate
Pearson BTEC Level 4 Certificate > Pearson BTEC Level 5 Diploma
We will review the applicant’s prior knowledge and/or experience considering whether this profile shows that they have the potential to achieve the qualification.
- Applicants should ideally hold a level 3 qualification in their specialist area or be working towards a level 3 qualification.
- It is recommended that all those wishing to join this qualification programme should undertake an initial assessment of skills in English, Mathematics and ICT.
Development will be recorded and an action plan agreed. The aim is for students to achieve level 2 minimum in both English and Mathematics.
This qualification is for new teachers to FE, potential trainers and assessors considering a career in the sector.
The Award can meet the needs of:
- Individuals not currently teaching or training
- Individuals currently teaching and training, including those who have just begun or about to begin
- Individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a qualification providing an introduction to teaching.
- Individuals working in the public sector, private companies, hospitality and services industries, schools, colleges and those working with young people
It gives candidates the opportunity to:
- Develop knowledge related to teaching and training
- Develop skills in teaching and training
- Achieve a nationally-recognised Level 3 qualification
- Develop their own personal growth and engagement in teaching and training
Units covered on the course include:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Understanding and using inclusive approaches in education and training
- Understanding assessment in education and training
To find out more about this course or to apply please call 0113 222 6017.