Higher Education Menu
Education & Training (Teaching) Level 4 Certificate
- Subject Area: Teaching
- Attendance: Part-time
- Qualification: Pearson BTEC Level 4 Certificate
- Course Start: Various
- Course Length: 24 weeks
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: £1,238
Courses run frequently subject to demand
Pearson BTEC Level 4 Certificate > Pearson BTEC Level 5 Diploma
Vocational expertise at Level 3, functional skills at Level 2 and be engaged in teaching or training adults.
This certificate is designed to prepare trainee teachers to teach in a wide range of contexts and develop practical teaching skills. To achieve the certificate, students must complete teaching practice that requires observation and assessment of performance.
It can meet the needs of a range of trainee teachers, including:
- Individuals who are not currently teaching and training, but who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements of the qualification
- Individuals who are currently teaching and training, including those who have just begun teaching and training and who can meet the practice requirements, including the observed and assessed practice requirements of the qualification
- Individuals currently working as assessors who wish to achieve a teaching qualification
Some of the units covered on the course include:
- Understanding roles, responsibilities and relationships in education and training
- Delivering education and training
- Using resources for education and training
- Assessing students in education and training
- Planning to meet the needs of students in education and training
To find out more about this course or to apply please call 0113 222 6017.