Higher Education Menu
Education & Training (Teaching) Level 5 Diploma
- Subject Area: Teaching
- Attendance: Part-time
- Qualification: Pearson BTEC Level 5 Diploma
- Course Start: Various
- Course Length: 2 years
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: £4,905
Courses run frequently subject to demand
Vocational expertise at level 3, functional skills at level 2 and be engaged in teaching or training adults.
Prepares trainee teachers to teach in a range of contexts.
Through a reflective practice approach to assessment, students will understand how to teach and train and be inspired to make learning more engaging. As part of the qualifications, students will undertake a micro-teach, which will equip them with experience required to facilitate learning. By observing others micro-teach sessions students can reflect on their own practice and improve their quality of teaching.
There is a practice requirement which will assess and provide evidence of, competence when undertaking teaching and/or training responsibilities.
Some of the units covered on the course include:
- Teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Developing teaching, learning and assessment in education and training
- Theories, principles and models in education and training
- Wider professional practice and development in education and training
For more information and to apply please call 0113 222 6017.