Facilities Management (Building Services) Higher Apprenticeship
- Subject Area: Facilities Management
- Attendance: Apprenticeship
- Qualification: BIFM Level 4 Diploma & Level 4 HNC / BIFM Level 5 Certificate & Level 5 HND
- Course Start: September (start dates flexible through the year subject to availability)
- Course Length: Level 4 - 1 1/2 years Level 5 - 1 1/2 years
- Location: North Street Campus
Courses run frequently subject to demand
The level 5 qualification provides students with the oppportunity to progress onto the BIFM Level 6 Diploma or onto a range of further undergraduate studies in facilities management, building services and other related disciplines.
A BTEC Extended Diploma, Diploma or Susidiary Diploma, a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship or 2 A Levels grade A* to E.
Alternative qualifications and appropriate experience may also be considered.
You must be employed within the trade area to be able to undertake this Apprenticeship course.
The Higher Apprenticeship in Facilities Management (Building Services) is a route that has been designed for facilities managers who specialise in the technical building engineering/service area. The course will appeal to anyone who already works in facilities management at an operational or supervisory level and wishes to further their career in this challenging area.
Some of the units covered on the course include:
- Management principles and applications
- Analytical methods
- Services science and controls
- Health, safety and welfare
- Thermofluids and acoustics
- Energy utilisation and efficiency
- Heating and air conditioning
For more information contact the HECM faculty on 0113 222 6061.
How to Apply
To apply for this course please complete the online Higher Apprenticeship application form, which is located at the top of this page, you can also follow this link - application form.