Facilities Management Higher Apprenticeship
- Subject Area: Facilities Management
- Attendance: Apprenticeship
- Qualification: BIFM Level 4/5 Diploma in FM / BIFM Level 4/5 Diploma in FM in Practice
- Course Start: September (start dates flexible through the year subject to availability)
- Course Length: Level 4 - 1 1/2 years Level 5 - 1 1/2 years
- Location: North Street Campus
Courses run frequently subject to demand
The level 5 qualification provides students with the opportunity to progress onto the BIFM Level 6 Diploma or onto a range of further undergraduate studies in facilities management, building services and other related disciplines.
A relevant Level 3 qualification.
Appropriate experience may also be considered.
You must be employed within the trade area to be able to undertake this Apprenticeship course.
The Higher Apprenticeship in Facilities Management (FM) is a qualification where you will learn about the specifics of facilities management as well as general management topics.
Facilities managers are responsible for the systems and people that make a building operate effectively, efficiently and safely.
In many cases the facilities manager will be responsible for environmental management, business planning, risk management and are also likely to be responsible for a large team of staff, subcontractors and suppliers.
There are various pathways available depending on the needs of the business you are working for.
Some of the units covered on the course include:
- Facilities management strategy
- People management
- Health and safety
- Development and trends
- Risk management
- Sustainability and environmental issues
For more information contact the HECM faculty on 0113 222 6061.
How to Apply
To apply for this course please complete the online Higher Apprenticeship application form, which is located at the top of this page, you can also follow this link - application form.