Gas Installation and Maintenance (Domestic) Advanced Apprenticeship
- Subject Area: Gas (ACS)
- Attendance: Apprenticeship
- Qualification: Level 3 NVQ Diploma
- Course Start: September (start dates flexible through the year subject to availability)
- Course Length: 3 years
- Location: Hunslet Campus
- Cost: Your employer will pay the costs associated with an Apprenticeship.
Courses run frequently subject to demand
You could progress onto higher education at the College.
All applicants will be required to pass an assessment.
It is desirable that you have 4 GCSEs at grades A*-C (grade 9-4) including English, mathematics and science.
You must be employed within the trade area to be able to undertake this Apprenticeship course.
What's it all about?
This Gas Installation and Maintenance Apprenticeship is available to school leavers, those aged 16-18 and adults.
Gas engineers specialise in the installation and repair of gas appliances including, central heating boilers and systems, cookers, fires and water heaters. The work is safety critical and you will need to learn how to implement statutory requirements such as the gas safety regulations.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- Good communication skills
- A careful, methodical and accurate approach to your work
- The ability to use initiative
How much could I earn?
Apprenticeships salaries can be up to £15,000 a year. Qualified technicians can earn between £25,000 and £30,000 a year.
What would I learn at College?
- How to install, maintain and service gas appliances such as boilers and fires
- How gas burns safely and how to identify unsafe situations
- How to install pipework for central heating hot and cold water systems
- How to implement gas safety regulations and requirements
- How to install and test flues for new and existing gas appliances
- How to check and calculate air vent requirements
You should be aged 16 or over and ideally already be employed or have secured a work placement, however we may be able to help you with this.
To search and apply for apprenticeship vacancies visit the apprenticeship vacancy website.