General Construction Operations Apprenticeship
- Subject Area: General Construction Operations
- Attendance: Apprenticeship
- Qualification: Level 2 NVQ Diploma
- Course Start: September (start dates flexible through the year subject to availability)
- Course Length: 2 years
- Cost: Your employer will pay the costs associated with an Apprenticeship.
Courses run frequently subject to demand
You could progress onto higher education at the College.
All applicants will be required to pass an assessment.
You must be employed within the trade area to be able to undertake this Apprenticeship course.
What's it all about?
This General Construction Operatons Apprenticeship is available to school leavers, those aged 16-18 and adults.
General construction operatives work on site and complete a number of building tasks including drainage, concrete work, signage, lighting, bricklaying and general labouring.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work well in a team
- The ability to use initiative
How much could I earn?
Starting salaries can be up to £15,000 a year. Experienced operatives can earn between £16,000 and £21,000. Operatives with extra supervisory responsibilities could earn up to £24,000 a year.
What would I learn at College?
- How to use various hand tools and cutting equipment
- How to prepare and place conrete
- How to prepare and lay finishing floor screeds
- How to mix various building materials by hand and machine
- How to lay domestic drainage
- How to set up signage, lighting and guarding when working on site e.g. path or road
You should be aged 16 or over and ideally already be employed or have secured a work placement, however we may be able to help you with this.
To search and apply for apprenticeship vacancies visit the apprenticeship vacancy website.