Employer Services Menu
General Handypersons Safety and Practice
- Subject Area: Health & Safety
- Attendance: Short Course
- Qualification: College Certificate
- Course Start: Courses run on a frequent basis and are subject to demand
- Course Length: 4 or 5 days (consecutive or broken down into one day per week)
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: POA
Courses run frequently subject to demand
This course is suited to technicians, caretakers and superintendents.
The course covers the following areas:
- Overview of basic health and safety including risk assessment and hazardous substances requirements
- Safety in use of steps and ladders
- Basic plumbing including safe control of leaks/blockages, bleeding radiators and replacing tap washers
- Basic joinery including window/door and door lock repair
- Basic introduction to plastering and wall and floor tiling
This course aims to provide basic skills for all in relation to their day to day maintenance.
The course can be run over 5 days and includes a basic introduction to electrics including replacing fuses, plugs, light bulbs and fluorescents.
To apply for this course please phone 0113 222 6006 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.