Heating and Ventilating, Pipefitter, Welder Part-Time
- Subject Area: Heating & Ventilating
- Attendance: Part-time
- Qualification: Level 2 Diploma
- Course Start: September
- Course Length: 1 year
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: £1720
Courses run frequently subject to demand
Level 2 Diploma > Level 3 Diploma
Level 3 Diploma > Employment/Higher Education
This course is ideal for those looking to move into the heating and ventilation industry, who have not yet secured employment or a work placement. It will provide you with basic skills in pipefittingand welding techniques, however you will not be a qualified engineer when the course is completed.
To acheive the full qualification you must be able to get extensive work experience and complete and NVQ.
All applicants will complete a basic skills assessment.
Areas of the course covered include:
- Understand how to apply environmental protection measures within BSE
- Understand and carry out site preparation and pipework fabrication techniques for industrial and commercial systems
- Understand industrial and commercial cold water system installation techniques
- Understand industrial and commercial hot water system installation techniques
- Understand industrial and commercial heating system installation techniques