Employer Services Menu
Manual Handling Operations Training
- Subject Area: Health & Safety
- Attendance: Short Course
- Qualification: College Certificate
- Course Start: Courses run on a frequent basis and are subject to demand
- Course Length: Half day
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: Price on request - group bookings only
Courses run frequently subject to demand
Suitable for construction operatives and other industries.
The course covers the following areas:
- Introduction to the structure and function of the spine
- Basic prinicples involved in the mechanics of the lifting
- Relating the mechanics of lifting to the anatomy
- Demonstration, practice and assessment of typical handling tasks
Over one fifth of all accidents occuring in the construction industry each year involve injuries sustained while manually lifting and handling materials and equipment.This course aims to meet the needs for training which have been identified as part of the Health and Safety legislation requirements.Employers are obliged to train employees in manual handling techniques if required as part of their safe systems of work.
All Health and Safety courses can be delivered in house to suit your training needs.
To apply for this course please contact the Health & Safety department on 0113 222 6006 or email email@example.com