Quantity Surveying Advanced Apprenticeship
- Subject Area: Surveying
- Attendance: Apprenticeship
- Qualification: Level 3 NVQ Diploma & Level 3 BTEC Diploma
- Course Start: September (start dates flexible through the year subject to availability)
- Course Length: 2-3 years depending on experience
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: Your employer should pay the costs associated with an Apprenticeship.
Courses run frequently subject to demand
You could progress onto higher education at the College including a HNC/HND Diploma, higher apprenticeship or a degree at university.
All applicants will be required to pass an assessment.
You will need 4 GCSEs at grades A*-C (grade 9-4) including English, mathematics and science.
You must be employed within the trade area to be able to undertake this Apprenticeship course.
What's it all about?
This Quantity Surveying Advanced Apprenticeship is available to school leavers, those aged 16-18 and adults.
Quantity Surveyors manage all costs relating to building and civil engineering projects, from the initial calculations to the final figures. Their main role is to make sure that projects meet legal and quality standards and that the client gets value for money.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work well in a team
How much could I earn?
Starting salaries can be between £20,000 and £25,000 a year. With experience this can rise to between £30,000 and £45,000. Senior chartered quantity surveyors can earn between £50,000 and £60,000 a year.
What would I learn at College?
- The underpinning mathematics and science related to construction
- How to measure and calculate the cost of construction works and monitor the progress against the budget
- How to control costs for the client and design teams as well as financial management and contract administration throughout the lifecycle of a project
You should be aged 16 or over and ideally already be employed or have secured a work placement, however we may be able to help you with this.
To search and apply for apprenticeship vacancies visit the apprenticeship vacancy website.