Surveying Level 3 BTEC Subsidiary Diploma
- Subject Area: Surveying
- Attendance: Part-time
- Qualification: Level 3 BTEC Subsidiary Diploma
- Course Start: September (start dates flexible through the year subject to availability)
- Course Length: 1 year day release
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: £1,443
Courses run frequently subject to demand
Level 3 BTEC Subsidiary Diploma > Level 4 BTEC Higher National Certificate
Level 4 BTEC Higher National Certificate > Level 5 Higher National Diploma or Degree
You will need a Level 3 (NVQ) Diploma in a construction related area and/or 4 GCSEs grades A*-C (grade 9-4) in English, Maths and Science. Mature candidates with other experience or qualifications may also be considered.
What's it all about?
The BTEC Subsidiary Diploma aims to provide an understanding of the contruction industry including health and safety, mathematics, science and materials, building technology and surveying. This course will enable you to progress your career into areas such as Quantity Surveying, Land Surveying and Building Surveying. Many of these jobs combine office based activities with on-site visits to projects and building sites.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- An analytical, methodical and accurate approach to your work
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work well in a team
What would I learn at College?
- The underpinning maths and science related to construction
- The technology of building construction and specifications
- Specialist skills related to Quantity Surveying, Land Surveying or Building Surveying to suit your chosen career
This course is equivalent to 1 GCE A Level.
Advanced Learner Loans – Help take the financial worry away from studying with an Advanced Learner Loan.For the full eligibility criteria and all the latest information go to www.direct.gov.uk/advancedlearningloans.