Transport Planning Advanced Apprenticeship
- Subject Area: Transport Planning
- Attendance: Apprenticeship
- Qualification: Level 3 BTEC Diploma
- Course Start: October (start dates flexible through the year subject to availability)
- Course Length: 2 years plus additional 12 months for skills assessment where required
- Location: North Street Campus
Courses run frequently subject to demand
You could progress onto a relevant degree or Higher Apprenticeship.
All applicants must have 4 GCSEs at grade A*-C (grade 9-4) including English and Maths.
Applicants must be working with a transport planning company.
What's it all about?
Transport planning technicians solve problems like traffic jams and find innovative, sustainable solutions to transport needs locally, nationally and internationally.
What skills and qualities do I need?
- A careful, methodical and accurate approach to your work
- IT skills
- Innovative thinking
How much could I earn?
Newly qualified transport planners can earn between £22,000 and £25,000 a year. Experienced and senior planners can earn between £30,000 aqnd £50,000 a year. Top consultants may earn more depending on the contract.
You should be aged 16 or over and ideally already be employed or have secured a work placement, however we may be able to help you with this.
To search and apply for apprenticeship vacancies visit the apprenticeship vacancy website.