Working at Heights (including Ladder Safety)
- Subject Area: Health & Safety
- Attendance: Short Course
- Qualification: College Certificate
- Course Start: Courses are run subject to demand - group bookings only
- Course Length: Half day
- Location: North Street Campus
- Cost: Price on request - group bookings only
Courses run frequently subject to demand
This course is aimed at managers, supervisors and operatives who are involved with working at height and the utilisation of ladders, trestles and steps.
The course covers the following areas:
- Hazards and risks associated with working at height
- Duties and responsibilities of employer and employees
- Methods and techniques for reducing hazards and risks (safe systems)
- Ladders, trestles and step components and their functions
- Stability and the working environment
- Assessment practical sessions - safe use of ladders
30% of all construction accidents are caused by working at height, this course can help reduce the number of accidents.
All Health and Safety courses can be delivered in house to suit your training needs.
To apply for this course please contact the Health & Safety department on 0113 222 6006 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org