Welcome to the Governance Section
There are 16 members of the College Corporation (Board of Governors) including the Principal. Governors are volunteers and come from a variety of backgrounds including law, construction industry, local government, accountancy and education. There are also two staff governors as well as two student governors.
We are always looking for people from diverse backgrounds, who can bring their external perspective and range of skills to the role of College Governor. To find out more about how you could become a governor click here.
The Board meet nine times per year and is responsible for overseeing the mission and activities of the College and ensuring effective strategic management and use of resources.
The work of the Board is supported by four Committees:
Audit / Performance & Remuneration / Search & Governance / Student Liaison
Board agenda, papers and minutes are available for public inspection (excluding items of a confidential or commercially sensitive nature).
Governors are committed to ensuring that students attending Leeds College of Building have a truly positive experience and are successful in their chosen course of study.
Leeds College of Building values the views of all staff, students and stakeholders and uses these views to support the periodic review of the educational character, mission, values and strategic aims of the College. There are a number of methods by which the College obtains the views of staff and students.
For staff these include: annual staff survey; Executive Team update; Principal's briefings; Joint Consultative meetings with Unions; staff governors; policy communication and consultation via staff intranet and open forums with the Executive Team.
For students these include: Student Involvement Strategy; student surveys; student representatives; Student Liaison Committee; focus groups; student governors; meetings with governors, Facebook and Twitter.
Selection, Appointment and Role and Responsibilities of Governors
- Re-appointment Procedure
- Selection and Appointment of Governors
- The Role and Responsibilities of Governors
- Performance & Remuneration Committee
- Audit Committee
- Search & Governance Committee
- Student Liaison Committee
- Capital Working Group Terms of Reference
Policies & Procedures
- Revised Instrument and Articles of Government
- Policy on the Publication of Minutes
- Public Access Policy
- Standing Orders - Revised September 2016
- Whistle Blowing Policy
- Subcontracting Supply Chain Fees and Charges Policy
- Subcontracting Data 2014-15
- Subcontracting Data 2015-16
- Code of Good Governance for English Colleges (Adopted in May 2015)
- LCB Governor Code of Conduct
Minutes of Meetings
- Audit Committee Minutes - 24 November 2015
- Audit Committee Minutes - 16 December 2015
- Audit Committee Minutes - 22 March 2016
- Audit Committee Minutes - 5 July 2016
- Audit Committee Minutes - 22 November 2016
- Audit Committee Minutes - 19 December 2016
- Audit Committee Minutes - 21 March 2017
- Corporation Minutes - 26 January 2016
- Corporation Minutes - 22 March 2016
- Corporation Minutes - 26 April 2016
- Corporation Minutes - 24 May 2016
- Corporation Minutes 5 July 2016
- Corporation Minutes 27 September 2016
- Corporation Minutes - 22 November 2016
- Corporation Minutes - 19 December 2016
- Corporation Minutes - 24 January 2017
- Corporation Minutes - 21 March 2017
- Corporation Minutes - 25 April 2017
- Search & Governance Minutes 16 October 2015
- Search & Governance Minutes - 8 March 2016
- Search & Governance Minutes - 17 June 2016
- Search & Governance Minutes - 11 November 2016
- Search & Governance Minutes - 10 March 2017
- Student Liaison Committee Minutes -1 December 2015
- Student Liaison Committee Minutes - 1 March 2016
- Student Liaison Committee Minutes - 14 June 2016
- Student Liaison Committee Minutes - 6 December 2016
- Student Liaison Committee Minutes - 28 March 2017
- Student Liaison Committee Minutes - 9 May 2017
If you would like to find out more about College Governance or have a general enquiry please contact the Clerk to the Corporation:
Tel: 0113 222 6053.