- View Prospectus / Course Guide
- Download Prospectus / Course Guide
- School Leavers Overview
- Football Academy
- Study Programme Application
- Apprenticeship Application
- Financial Support & Travelling to College
- Information for Parents, Guardians & Carers
- Taster Days College LifeOpen DaysCareers A-Z
- Apply Online (Full Time)
- Apply Online (Apprenticeship)
Interested in developing your football skills alongside your course?
Leeds College of Building Football Academy is for students who want to combine a multi-skills course with playing football, training and learning how to coach.
You will study towards the following qualifications:
- Level 1 Extended Certificate
- 1st4sport Level 1 Award in Football Coaching
Level 1 Extended Certificate
This is a study programme for students wishing to gain a general understanding and broad experience of construction trades.
The trade areas included are:
- Painting & Decorating
The study programme
- Is only 15 hours a week, spread over 3 days
- Includes 2 weeks work experience
- Can lead to an apprenticeship or Level 1 and 2 course
1st4sport Level 1 Award in Football Coaching
This award covers:
- Player and coach development
- Laws of the game
- How to coach warm up and cool down game related activities, passing and control, shooting, dribbling, heading, attacking and defending and small sided games
- The future football player
- FA Emergency Aid
- FA Safeguarding
- Play in the ECFA College League every Wednesday
- Professional coaching and development by a UEFA qualified coach
- Access to Virgin Active every Thursday afternoon
- Strength and conditioning training
- A chance to get involved in the National Citizen Service (NCS)
NCS is a once in a lifetime opportunity, you can get involved in climbing, canoeing, a 5 day residential, learn new skills, make new friends and have fun!
What to do next?
If you are interested in applying for this course please contact the Student Liaison Officer, Denis Metcalf for an informal chat.
Call: 0113 222 6078 Email: email@example.com
To download the leaflet, click here.