- View Prospectus / Course Guide
- Download Prospectus / Course Guide
- School Leavers Overview
- Study Programme Application
- Apprenticeship Application
- Financial Support & Travelling to College
- Information for Parents, Guardians & Carers
- Taster Days College LifeOpen DaysImage GalleryCareers A-Z
- Apply Online (Full Time)
- Apply Online (Apprenticeship)
Information for Parents, Guardians & Carers
School Leaving Age
You can leave school on the last Friday in June if you’ll be 16 by the end of the summer holidays.
You must then do one of the following until you’re 18:
- stay in full-time education, eg at a college
- start an apprenticeship or traineeship
- work or volunteer (for 20 hours or more a week) while in part-time education or training
This is a great time for your son or daughter to consider studying at Leeds College of Building as we look forward to the continued growth in the construction industry.
At the college we encourage all parents, guardians and carers to join with us as we support and encourage our young students in their studies.
Although we allow some freedoms not usually available to young people at school, we set high standards of behaviour and expect all students to take their responsibilities, both to themselves and others, seriously. To help them as they develop as young adults, we provide a comprehensive range of support, advice and guidance services. Their tutors are there with them every step of the way.
To find out more about the college and the careers available, why not attend one of our open events. You will get the opportunity to speak with lecturers and support staff, find out about the application process and have a tour of the campus.
Download: Guide for Parents & Carers