Make it higher with the right funding

At Leeds College of Building we believe that higher education should be affordable.

We understand that when you are making decisions about your studies, money is a key issue and our course fees reflect this. In fact, our fees are substantially less than most universities and there are loans and grants that may be available to help you to pay for your time at college.

Though Higher Education students are required to pay for full course fees including exams, certain exemptions from paying course fees may be applicable and you may be able to arrange to pay in instalments. For the latest information on fees please speak to a member of our finance team on 0113 222 6094.

Tuition Fee Loans

Full and part-time HNC/HND Diploma students can access a Tuition Fee Loan. This will cover the fees you are charged each year of your course and you will not be required to pay back the loan until after you have graduated and found employment earning a salary of more than £21,000 per year. For more information on Student Loans, please visit or

Maintenance Loans for Living Costs

Full-time students can also apply for a Maintenance Loan to help with living costs. They are paid into your bank account at the start of each term. The exact amount you can borrow depends on:

  • Your family income
  • Where you live
  • What year of study you are in
  • What help you get through the Maintenance Grant

For more information on Student Loans, please visit or

Advanced Learner Loans

Anyone aged 19 or over and living in the UK* will be able to apply for an Advanced Learner Loan for a qualification between level 3 and level 6 (excluding HNC/HND Diplomas and Higher Apprenticeships). It’s easy to apply and the loans are not means tested or subject to credit checks. What’s more, the loan goes straight to the College to pay for your fees and you don’t pay anything back until your income is over £25,000 per year.

To apply for an Advanced Learner Loan you will need to check with the College that the course qualifies. The College will provide you with a Learning and Funding Information letter. For the full application procedure and to apply go to: